Air New Zealand has been named New Zealand’s most attractive employer in the annual Randstad Employer Brand Awards for the fifth time. It is our people that truly sets us apart.
Our flight attendants are passionate, proud and dedicated people who love the challenge of working in an industry where every second counts! No day is ever the same and it is a demanding role that will push you to perform at your best.
- To be considered you must have NZ Permanent Residency, NZ Citizenship, Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency
- At least 18 years of age
- Minimum 18 months customer service experience in a high-pressured environment is preferred. We are looking for someone with a natural passion for people, ability to cope under pressure and be resilient in unforeseen circumstances such as medical emergencies
- Language skills; particularly fluent in Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish and French is a bonus
- We operate in a 24/7 industry, so you will need to commit to rostered shifts, weekends and public holidays
- No visible body art/tattoos is allowed (cosmetic and bandage coverings aren’t allowed). If you have body art/tattoos anywhere on your body, please answer ‘Yes’ in the application question and we will discuss this with you directly.
- Step 1 – If you meet all the above minimum requirements, you will be asked to complete an online video interview and cognitive assessment
- Step 2 – You will be invited to attend a recruitment event where you’ll get a chance meet our Cabin Crew and interview with a Cabin Crew Manager
- Step 3 – Successful candidates will go through an extensive vetting process, which includes: 2x references, medical clearance, police clearance, swim test (50 metres under two minutes and treading water for one minute) and St John’s Level 2 first aid course certification
- Step 4 – Once vetting is completed, our Talent Acquisitions team will be in touch to discuss the next available paid Cabin Crew training intake. You will be placed into a fleet depending on business needs not individual preference.
Why join Air New Zealand?
- We are Australia and New Zealand’s 2017 most reputable company and attractive employer
- As a flight attendant, you will get a great work/life balance and lifestyle
- We also offer ongoing professional development and encourage our team to seize growth opportunities
- Check out this video to hear from our Cabin Crew: https://youtu.be/lmEpkOOItTE
*Please note that majority of our vacancies are within the A320 short haul fleet (New Zealand, Australia & Pacific Islands).
*Note: we do not accept email applications, to apply, please “visit our careers website”